The web catalogue for OLIB
- The Author search page is used to search for records by author.
- The 'author' can be a corporation, company or government department as well as an individual.
- In the Author name or organisation box, enter the name of the individual or organisation, e.g. smith or BBC.
- Where the author's initials or forenames are known, enter them in the Author name or organisation box as well, with or without punctuation. e.g. A.B., A B or Alan.
- The author search is a 'keyword' search, so you can use the radio buttons to specify whether to find records with authors containing all the words you enter, one or more of the words you enter or the words you enter as a phrase. This is useful, for example, when searching for organisations when you may not know the exact form of the organisation's name.
- Change the number of hits per result page if you would like more (or fewer) hits per page.
- Once you have entered your search term(s), click on the Search button or press Enter to run the search.
- Your search will retrieve a list of authors that match your search. The final column in the hitlist is a link to the records by that author.
- If you have any other queries on author searching, please ask the library staff for assistance.